PIP-4 : Community Multisig Election (Formerly PGP-8)

Hello,

So i will throw my hat into the ring as well! I have a background in traditional finance and have always been curious about tech. I started getting curious about blockchain and buying crypto in early 2020 and then got immediately hooked on DeFi that summer.
I’ve been keeping an eye on Paladin since the beginning (the airdrop helped!). We see more and more discussions around governance and protocols implementing their own version of veTokens. There is a huge opportunity, and in my view, Paladin is best positioned to become a major player in that space. We just need to get the word out.
I would love to contribute in any way possible, help the protocol grow and become more decentralised, and for that reason, I am running as a committee multisig member.

2 Likes

Hi all, back from DevConnect too and I almost forgot to apply, here’s a quick presentation:

I’m a French DeFi passionate and contributor in several DAOs: APWine, Stake DAO, Blackpool, Llama community, Jarvis and of course Paladin where i’m delegate, transferability committee member, and Warrior on discord.

I’ve been following the project since quite some time and will continue as I strongly believe in the future of Paladin ecosystem

Happy to see so many candidates ! :fire:

5 Likes

Sorry, it’s a little bit last minute, but a couple questions came to mind about tomorrow’s elections:

Would it make sense to have a certain number of seats reserved to team members on the multisig, or would it be ok to have an extreme scenario such as 9 signers and none of them being tied to the team?

What do you mean by a cumulative vote on snapshot? Will each voter pick between 1 and 9 candidates and and the vote will count as 1, or is it weighted, and voters can decide how much PAL to allocate to each candidate?

When/at which block will the snapshot be taken?
For those that currently delegate their PAL, should they maybe reallocate it to their own wallet if they plan on casting a vote?

Is there any recommendation for delegates? Can they vote for themselves?

4 Likes

I’m against reserved seats for the Core team. Winning a vote legitimizes us + makes us enforceable by the same rules as any other community members.

You will be able to allocate your PAL votes between any members applying.

When/at which block will the snapshot be taken?

i don’t know which block specifically, but vote will be launched friday morning on wednesday (tomorrow).

Can they vote for themselves?

They can, but most usually don’t. You can find a bit about them here:
https://app.paladin.vote/#/gov

2 Likes

" i don’t know which block specifically, but vote will be launched friday morning. "

On Friday ?
you said:

" If you wish to participate please introduce your application in this forum post before by 26/04/22, elections will start on the 27th. "

Shit you’re right. Sorry, a bit tired today… Editing the message above

3 Likes

Drink some water and take a nap, advice from your Paladin health consultant :kissing_heart: :rofl:

6 Likes

Hey everyone, closing the thread down for clarity. Vote will be published in a few hours on snapshot. You can keep discussing the proposal in the Discord channel.

Here are the candidates for the multi-sig:

• Starny (Community)
  • Fig (Community & Flipside)
  • Salomé (Community)
  • Dwidoo (Community)
  • Kogaroshi (Core Team)
  • Miaki (Community)
  • Figue (Core Team)
  • Stiegler (Community)
  • Tom (Core Team)
  • Julien Perma (Community)
  • L0gyk4l (APWine)
  • French Tony (Community)
  • Dydymoon (Community)
8 Likes

https://snapshot.org/#/palvote.eth/proposal/0x37b5bfb59d3e8c75c021a5a83c3a1554274d444e9ae2ed441f430a5943ee9340