Paladin Association is taking shape, and we are looking for candidates to represent the general interest of the protocol.
This proposal aims to elect the Co-Presidents of the Paladin Association who will represent the general interest of the Paladin Protocol in the real world.
The Co-Presidents of the Association will play a central role in the operational management of Paladin, and it is particularly important that the Co-Presidents be able to carry out their missions in the best interests of all PAL holders.
With two-headed representation, we have the opportunity to have a Co-President who is inherent to the Paladin core team and a Co-President who is a member of the Paladin community, which will act in a completely independent manner to represent the interests of all and provide a satisfying level of decentralization in global governance.
To better understand such a rationale, consult our statutes here.
The Co-Presidents must act according to the decisions made by the DAO to represent it and ensure the best possible development of Paladin in the real world.
Their primary missions are to:
- To act in all circumstances in the name of the Association to do and authorize acts and operations that fall within its purpose.
- To set the agenda of the General Assemblies and to organize their convocation.
- To confirm the admission and removal of members of the Association, including those decided by the Paladin community.
- To give one or more members of the Association or third parties, whether members or not, special mandates for one or more specific purposes. They may also grant the delegation of signatures necessary for the day-to-day operation of the Association.
- To take legal action.
- To preside over the General Assemblies and implement the decisions taken by the General Assembly.
- To carry out all formalities and procedures incumbent on the Association.
- To draft the meetings reports of the General Assemblies and any other routine writing.
We believe rewarding the Co-Presidents (not mandatory in the statutes) is essential to ensure the best possible involvement. So feel free to comment on the proposal below:
2 000 PAL/Co-President/month to represent Paladin in the real world.
Expenses incurred in the performance of their duties will be reimbursed upon presentation of receipts.
The Co-Presidents will be elected for one year from the election date. After that, their term is renewable and will be voted on again.
Conditions to apply:
Candidates shall apply following Article 15.1 of the Paladin Association statutes in comments. Only complete applications may be accepted.
Before applying, we recommend that you review our statutes which detail the above roles, the mode of operation, and the object of the Association.
The election of the Co-Presidents will be conducted via a cumulative vote, meaning that 2 Co-Presidents will be selected based on the highest number of votes and if they exceed the 100,000 PAL threshold.
If you would like to apply, please submit your application in this forum post by 3/31/23, elections will begin on April 1.
Thank you in advance for your involvement.